Have you had difficulties navigating the new VLE? Want a chance to share issues and problems with other mentors? Then look no further – we in the South West have the event for you!
A Mentor Exchange Meeting will take place in Bath Spa University on Wednesday 11 November from 1.30- 4.00pm. This event will offer the occasion to answer these questions and more. We will have an opportunity to discuss issues, problems and discover potential solutions through discussion with the rest of the group. This could include any of the following (or more):
- Outline of new regulations for Professional Registration
- Sharing hints and tips/evaluating own performance and that of service
- What are wider professional issues/what should be in the portfolio?
- E-submissions/moving from ACLIP to Chartership
- An update of mentoring issues/mentoring long distance / reasons for failure of submission
We are also privileged to have Matthew Wheeler (Development Officer, Member Support, CILIP) attend who will speak about CILIP’s new Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and how to navigate it. Matthew will also explain how to best support a candidate who has recently failed.
There will also be refreshments to allow mentors the time to network.
To book a place please go to: http://mentorexchangeevent.eventbrite.co.uk
(CILIP SW Mentor Support Officer)